Form a Team
Teams must consist of 4 or more walkers. Start by selecting a team captain.
Team Captain Responsibilities
1. Organize! - After you have registered, the steps to set up your teams fundraising page are:
1. Click join me to begin creating your teams fundraising page
2. Create a user name and password
3. Enter all required fields then submit
4. You will receive a "join me registration" email
5. You must click on the link in the email to complete your registration
6. Log in and select "create a team fundraising page"
7. Click on "view your teams page"
8. Click on "join as a member"
9. Log out and then back in again
10. Click on "join team"
Once you have completed all ten steps, your team page should be created. You can now have others register and join your team.
2. Recruit! - A team must have at least four members. Recruit your friends, family members and co-workers to raise money and walk with you. Share your passion, commitment and fundraising ideas, plus multiply your impact and the fun you have along the way. Each team member should register for the walk prior to joining your team. Steps to join a team are:
1. Register for the walk
2. Visit the fundraising directory
3. Click on the team you want to join
4. Click on "join as member!"
5. Create a user name and password
6. Enter all required information then submit
7. You will receive a "join me registration" email
8. You must click on the link in the email to complete your registration
9. Log in again
10. Click on "join team"
Once you have completed all ten steps, you will be a member of the team you selected.
3. Set Expectations! - Each person on your team is expected to raise a minimum of $100. Make sure they understand they are here to raise money.
4. Have Fun! - In addition to raising money, the Stride for Foster Care Walk is about spending time with family and friends who care as deeply as you do about the children in foster care.
-remember teams consist of 4 or more people
Teams are eligible for the special recognition at the walk in the following categories:
* Largest Team
* Top Fundraising Team (This team will get to pick the color of their teams walk shirts. This team will be chosen April 13th based off the online donations received by that time- you can continue to fundraise up until the walk)
* #1 Rookie Team (first year team that raises the most money)
* Highest Pledge Average
There is power in numbers! Earn rewards for your team by joining these elite team fundraising clubs! Team information will be calculated on April 23rd, based off the online donations received. You can continue to fundraise up until the walk. The categories are:
* A team table at the walk. You can decorate your table and show off your team spirit!
* Start first and lead the walk
* Avoid long registration lines at the Walk with Elite Team registration and pick up area the day of the walk
* All the great benefits of Bronze Level plus
* Receive a disposable camera to capture special walk moments along the route!
* Receive a team banner with your team name to show off your hard work
* All the great benefits of Bronze and Silver Level plus
* Private team tent
* Team photo featured on the Stride for Foster Care & IFAPA Website
* Team photo on future walk materials (these are photos without foster children)
Individuals on each team can earn prizes at well. Each team member is asked to raise a minimum of $100 in donations. Individuals are asked to contact IFAPA by April 25th with hom much money they have raised, so prizes can be calculated. IFAPA will contact each person on April 27th with what prize level they have achieved. If you cannot attend the walk you will automatically be given the gift card for the prize level you have earned, as other items will not be mailed.